We want to make the paperwork easy!
At Wedding on the Rocks, we strive to get the paperwork done as quickly and easily as possible. That’s why we work closely together with the authorities.
The Danish authorities need the following documents:
- The Notice of Marriage – Can be downloaded here.
- Power of attorney – Necessary for us to send The Notice of Marriage on your behalf. We will send you one to sign.
- Personal ID – Valid passport or EU-ID. Schengen visa or residence permit are only required, if they are necessary to arrive in Denmark. For passports all pages are needed including front and back.
- Certificate of no impediment (Not required from India) – Proves that you are not already married. It is needed from all countries you have lived in. Some countries don’t issue this document. In this case, a document from a government official stating that this document is not issued is sufficient. If you have problems with this document let us know and we will try to find a solution with the authorities.
- Certificate of residence or another document with your name and address – Documents such as a utility bill can be used.
- Birth certificates for common children
- Divorce decree or death certificate – only if one or both of you were previously married.
All documents must be translated into English, German or Danish. Apostille stamps and legalisations must not be more than 4 months old on your wedding day.
Documents from the following countries doesn’t need an Apostille stamp or legalisation: USA, Canada, New Zealand, Australia or Turkey.
The same applies for all European countries except the following: Albania, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Kosovo, Russia, Tajikistan, Ukraine and Uzbekistan.
Documents from these countries and all other Apostille convention member countries not mentioned will need an Apostille stamp. You can see all Apostille convention member countries here.
Documents from countries that are not Apostille convention members will need a full legalisation.
If you have documents from Pakistan or Nigeria an extra verification is needed. Send us an e-mail on email@example.com to get more information about this.
Please notice that proforma marriages are no longer permitted in Denmark from 2019. Proforma suspicion might trigger an in-person interview that will delay the approval process.
When you have booked your wedding, we require copies of all of the above documents, which you can send to our secure email address using the button below.
We will check your documents and send them to the local authorities for approval.
Please remember to bring the original documents for your wedding.